While you’re out, you’re exposed to germs and viruses that can
Most cars are made up of a number of different materials, it’s important to use the right products, and techniques, to disinfect your vehicle properly. Without hurting it.
What you need:
Bucket of dish soap and water to clean the interior.
Disinfecting wipes or spray
Steps to a safe, cleaner, and disinfected car:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. Put on plastic or latex gloves
- Clear out the trash.
- Take out the mats in your car. Use a brush or a vacuum with a brush to loosen the particles that could be trapped by the fibers of the carpeting
- Drench a cloth, preferably a microfiber one, into a solution of dish soap and water, or use an automotive cleaner and apply it to the cloth first to avoid over-spray. Clean the following:
- Door handles inside and out
- Your steering wheel
- Your car’s shifter
- All window and control buttons
- Wiper and turn signal stalks
- Door armrests
- Parking brake release
- Seat belt and buckle
5. Sanitize and Disinfect all touchpoints using disinfecting wipes to really kill any viruses. For a deep clean those areas need to remain wet from 20 to 30 seconds.
Now that your car is cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected, keep it clean by washing your hands. Keep a few gloves and hand sanitizer in your car to keep yourself healthy and free from any viruses.